The child-parent program enhance parents, grandparents and other caregivers’ parenting skills in stages of child development, nutritional needs, health and safety and family communication. They also afford the children an opportunity to play and learn in a safe and nurturing environment. Geared towards parents and caregivers with children between the ages of 0 – 6, the services offered through the child-parent programs can be accessed at our two Family Resource Centres: Kids Place and Weston Family Resource Centre. Funded through the City of Toronto Children’s Services as well as the Ontario Early Years, these centres offer a highly successful kindergarten readiness program. The local schools have observed that the children who participate in our kindergarten readiness programs have a much smoother integration process into school.
A welcoming place that offers FREE Early Learning and Parent Support Programs
- Northwood Neighbourhood Services
- 1860 Wilson Avenue, Suit 400 Toronto, ON M9M 3A7
- Mon Playgroup Drop-in
- Thu Nobody`s Perfect Parent Group & Childcare
- Fri Parent Relief & drop In
- Kids Place
- 2801 Keele St. , Suite 103 North York, ON M3M 2G6
- Mon-Fri (Except Tuesday) 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Sat 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Woodview Park Library
- 16 Bradstock Road North York, ON M9M 1M8
- Tues & Wed 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.